By Out of the Weeds
Makes 4 servings
1 cup Out of the Weeds
Carrot Ginger dressing
1 lb pasta, penne or fanfare
1 cup carrots
½ cup scallions
½ cup red onion
2 cups red cabbage
1 cup yellow bell pepper
• Cook pasta al dente, according to package directions.
• Drain, do not rinse, and spread hot pasta on hotel pans to cool.
• Julienne carrots, scallions, red onion and red cabbage.
• Dice yellow bell pepper.
• When pasta reaches room temperature, add the vegetables.
• Thirty minutes before serving, add 1 cup Carrot Ginger dressing.
Add shrimp or chicken
1 pound shrimp or chicken
½ cup dressing for marinade
• Clean shrimp or chicken, coat with dressing, cover and marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
• Remove protein from marinade and grill.
• Plate 5 oz pasta salad on bed of buttery lettuce or red cabbage leaves, flank with chicken
or shrimp, and sprinkle with fresh cilantro leaves.
Out of the Weeds dressings are available at outoftheweeds.com and at Three Birds Tavern,
1492 Fourth St N., St. Petersburg.